Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Gilt Purchase: Clarisonic Skincare Brush

I have been using Origins products for a while now and don't consider myself as someone that has bad skin. But I'm wondering if in the last few years, yes, as I am aging...am I doing the MAX to take care of the skin that I have? I'll admit I'm lazy and its the guilt from not removing makup every night, I'm just not the super high maintenance girl that gets facials monthly and manicures weekly so I thought it might be time to invest in something that is going to help preserve the skin that I have. I had been hearing about this Clarisonic skincare brush for about a year now and finally went for it on Gilt today! I learned about this product from my friend Rania cause she has raaaaaaaved about it ever since she got it.

Here is how it went down....

me: hi turd
r: my skin soft turd.
me: what u do?
r: I usin' Clarisonic. You should get it turd.
me: wat dat?
r: awesome brush for your face turd.
me: show me.
r: Turd. It cleans your skin really awesome and make your pores smaller.
r: (sends sephora link).
me: $200bux for a face brush and you goto buy foam?? I'd rather buy a handbag turd.
r: It's expensive but it's worth it. I'm fuggin' hawt.
me: lol! turd, dat spensive! shiiiiiiiiiietttt!
r: turd, it's awesome, get it!

That is all a girl needs is for her friend to say ' it's awesome turd, get it.'

One year later...

me: TURD Clarisonic on Gilt today! I think ima try it.
r: send me dat link! I like clarasonic. what Gilt turd?

and so it goes...

Here are some pictures from Gilt of the kit that I got.

Retail $395 for this kit. On Gilt for $195.










This is how Gilt describes this product:


Style Information #24003
8 PIECE SET IN EITHER PINK OR WHITE
Starter Kit Includes: Cordless Clarisonic Classic, Charging Cradle (120v), Sensitive Brush Head and 1 oz. trial sizes of Refreshing Gel Cleanser (Normal/Oily Skin), Gentle Hydro Cleanser (All/Sensitive Skin) and Nourishing Care Cleanser (Normal/Dry Skin).

ALSO INCLUDES:
1 Normal Brush Head: Recommend replacing your brush head every 3-4 months. All brush head types can be used interchangeably among all styles of the Classic Clarisonic.

Daily Renewal Serum (1 oz.): Follow cleansing with serum. Ideal for everyday use. Excellent for all skin types. Great for mature skin or preventative maintenance (on younger skin). Use alone or under your favorite moisturizer or sunscreen. Active ingredients include: Anti-aging Peptides and CoQ10, Japanese Green Tea, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.

Gentle Hydro Cleanser (6 oz.): This pH-balanced, gentle, non-foaming cleanser is a full-body hydrogel naturally scented with cucumber, and is excellent for most skin types. This cleanser utilizes sucrose cocoate, a patented mixture of sucrose and coconut derivatives as a gentle cleansing agent for sensitive to delicate skin types. Other key ingredients are algae, aloe vera gel, and antioxidants Vitamin E and Japanese green tea. This combination of ingredients provides hydrating, softening and soothing qualities.

Travel Bag: Waterproof bag measures approximately 8 x 4 inches.

About the Sonic Skin Cleansing System: This waterproof device gently yet effectively loosens dirt and oil to clear your pores. Uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth your skin. In just 60 seconds a day, the Clarisonic micro-massage action cleans more than twice as effectively as manual cleansing. All brush head types can be used interchangeably among all styles of the Classic Clarisonic. 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a two-year warranty covering any manufacturer defect-related problems resulting from everyday use of the product.


Have you tried the Clarisonic facial brush? What is your skincare regime?

Want to join Gilt? Click here for an invite!


*pixelant*

3 comments:

Rania said...

it's a wonderful product :) it's the best thing i have bought for my skin. really cleans it up turd!

jade said...

I have one similar to this one of my dad's japanese friends sent to him for my mom...and she gave it to me. I have no idea who makes it, but I get similar results to microdermabrasion. You will be seriously addicted to it, it gives you some serious GLOW!

Unknown said...

Oooh -- you're so lucky!

Post a Comment